2022 State Convention General Information
The 118th Annual Meeting of the Florida State Council, otherwise known as the 2022 State Convention, will be held May 13-15, 2022 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, 9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819.
Key Items for the preparation and conduct of this State Convention are as follows:
- Agenda: The Convention Agenda will be posted at this link when finalized.
- Election of State Convention Delegates: Each Council must conduct an Election of its Delegates to the State Convention after January 1, 2022 but before March 31, 2022, and Council Financial Secretaries must enter the election results through Division Management on the State website by April 1. Click this link for more information.
- Registration: Each person attending the Convention must individually register and, if applicable, pay the appropriate fees. Please note that Financial Secretaries cannot register their Council's Delegates--each Delegate (and all other attendees) must register himself. However, Delegates will not be able to self-register until Financial Secretaries enter Delegate information on the website through the Election of Delegates capability. Click here for more information.
- Hotel: Information on hotel reservations is at this link.
- Resolutions: Information on the submission of resolutions by Councils can be found at this link.
- State Awards Forms and Instructions. Instructions for State Awards, as well as links to all of the required 2022 State Awards Forms, can be found at this link.
- Program Advertisements and Sponsorships: Each Council is requested to contribute to a District Ad for the State Convention Program Book. As well, we are soliciting Business Advertising and Sponsorships. Click here for more information.
- Elections and Electronic Voting: Supreme Convention Delegates will be nominated and elected through four Caucuses. Nominations and elections will be conducted electronically before the State Convention through the ElectionBuddy election service. All other elections will take place in person at the State Convention site; there will be no remote Delegate voting. However, in the case of a contested election, we will again use the ElectionBuddy election service, so all Delegates should have their smartphones on hand. More information will be posted at this link.
- Convention Committees. State Convention Committees are essential for the planning an execution of the State Convention. Most of these committees will fall under the State Warden. District Deputies, Regional Administrators, and State staff should check this link for Committee assignments.
- Convention Rules and Regulations. Click here for the 2022 State Convention Rules and Regulations.
- Dress Code. Click here for the Dress Code for attendees.
- Compensation. Information on Compensation for Convention attendees can be found here.