KofC FLORIDA STATE 67th ANNUAL BOWLING TOURNAMENT
67th ANNUAL FLORIDA STATE BOWLING TOURNAMENT
APRIL 25 & 26, 2020
Schedule of Events
Friday, April 24
Welcome Social – Boardwalk Bowl meeting room from 5pm - 7pm with complimentary hors d’oeuvres. Practice lanes available before, during (if available), and after Friday night leagues. The Lounge has entertainment in the evenings.
Saturday, April 25 - Singles and Doubles
- Check-in – 8:00 am at Boardwalk Bowl
- Singles Bowling – 9:00 am, immediately followed by Doubles Bowling
- Captains Meeting – 2:00 pm (est.) in the meeting room at Boardwalk Bowl
- Everyone is on their own to enjoy the Orlando area for the evening!
Sunday, April 26 - Teams
- Check In – 8:00 am at Boardwalk Bowl
- 4 Person Team Bowling – 9:00 am
$100 PRIZE FOR 1ST 300 GAME
USBC Sanctioned - Handicap 90% of 240 Proceeds to Benefit KofC Special Olympics Bowling
Per Bowler Entry Fee Prize Fund Tourn. Expenses Lane Fees
Team $32.00 $23.00 $1.50 $7.50
Singles $16.00 $7.00 $1.50 $7.50
Doubles $16.00 $7.00 $1.50 $7.50
All Events $ 4.00 $4.00 $0.00 $0.00
Assoc. Fees $ 2.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
ENTRY DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2020
- CHECK-IN: Bowlers must report to the tournament desk one hour prior to bowling. All males must show their current KofC membership cards. USBC members must show their current USBC membership cards.
- FORMAT: Four person team: 3 games; Singles: 3 games; Doubles: 3 games. Singles and doubles total 6 games across 2 lanes; you do not move. You are allowed to bowl more than once but not with the same team or partner. Team Format: Four persons of the following combinations - Four men; three men and one woman; two men and two women. Doubles format: Two persons of the following combinations - Two men; one man and one woman.
- COST: Entry Fees, per bowler : Team $32.00, Singles $16.00, Doubles $16.00, All Events $4.00 (optional), KofC Association Fee $2.00, Total Entry Fee $70.00
Note: ALL entries AND fees MUST be in the possession of the Tournament Director by the entry deadline, April 3, 2020. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- AVERAGE & HANDICAP. Handicap is based on 90% of 240. Handicaps for the four-bowler team event will be computed by adding the individual handicaps of the four bowlers. Handicaps for the doubles event will be computed by adding the individual handicaps of the two bowlers. Entering averages are figured on the rules below. USBC ten pin rule 319a2 is in effect. USBC rule 319b and 319e are not in effect. Each bowler is responsible for verifying his/her own average to avoid disqualification, and USBC rule 319a3 is in effect.
- AVERAGE DETERMINATION (In descending order of acceptance):
- 2018-2019 Highest Yearbook Average of 21 or more games (Subject to 10 pin rule). USBC website verification.
- 2019-2020 Highest Current Season Average of 21 or more games, on January 1, 2020. USBC website verification.
- 2019-2020 Highest Current average of 21 or more games, attained after January 1st, 2020 and before entry closing date. League Secretary verification. Tournament Director’s Approval.
- 2017-2018 Highest Yearbook Average of 21 or more games (Subject to 10 pin rule). USBC Website verification. Tournament Director’s Approval.
- 2019-2020 church league or non-USBC sanctioned league average of 21 or more games proved by latest league standing sheet.
- Composite K of C Bowling Tournament average from all previous K of C tournaments.
- Male bowlers without an established average will enter at 145, and female bowlers without an established average will enter at 130. If the bowler averages more than 170 after 3, 6 or 9 games, the average will be changed to 170 after the tournament. The tournament director retains the right to re-rate any bowler’s average.
- PRIZES: Prize fund will be posted prior to the start of the tournament. USBC Rule 308 is in effect. The disbursement of funds shall be in accordance with K of C requirements (sec. 139 and sec. 140). Monetary prizes are to be paid by checks drawn upon the fund disbursement report produced by the tournament director immediately after the close of the tournament. Prizes (monies and trophies) shall be awarded at the Annual Florida State K of C Convention in May 2020.
- MANAGING TOURNAMENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR DISPUTES. Voting Eligibility: State Council Activities Director, Host Council Bowling Tournament Directors, and only one vote per council. Presiding tournament officials will be tournament directors of the host council. Any dispute over bowling regulations will be resolved by a simple majority of eligible voters present (50% plus 1) at a meeting called for that purpose.
- CERTIFICATION: The captain’s signature on this application binds all entrants to all of the rules and regulations of the Tournament.
Contact Mike Schrader for entry form, hotels and additional Tournament details.